Peter J Keenan CA
I have worked in Australia as an insolvency specialist, in both corporate and personal insolvency administrations, since 1979. I am a Chartered Accountant. I was a Registered Liquidator for 18 years, until I decided in May 2013 to focus on research and writing about insolvency and related matters.
I have also had extensive experience in taxation (in the ATO and in private practice); bookkeeping and accounting (in industry and in private practice); fraud investigation (with the Commonwealth DPP); and forensic accounting.
Since becoming an insolvency specialist I have written a great deal about the subject generally and have developed an academic interest in:
- the laws governing business and personal insolvency;
- the theories and policies behind them;
- the way in which those laws are administered and enforced;
- the customary and expected procedures that insolvency practitioners (e.g. liquidators) should follow;
- conflicts of interest and malpractice;
- the causes and symptoms of business failure;
- the prevention and cure of business failure;
- the behaviour of banks and other lenders;
- the behaviour of company directors.
My website, which provides free documents and information, is www.insolvencyresources.com.au.
In this blog I will be publishing news, raising practical and policy issues in insolvency and taxation, and encouraging helpful discussion and advice. Please join me.
Peter J Keenan